McDaniel family papers
McDaniel family papers
Dates: bulk 1917, 1917-1983
Collection contains financial records, postcards, military papers and ephemera, and Mt. Home historical papers. The financial records were kept by various family members. The military papers are Kenton H. McDaniel's from his service in World War II. The postcards date back to 1907, and are to and from various family members. Most of the material in the collection belonged to Kenton McDaniel.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: McDaniel family. -- McDaniel, Kenton H. (Kenton Hertel), 1911-1945
- Call Number: MSS 7601
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Materials left in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the McDaniel family papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7601; McDaniel family papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7601, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated in 2010.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; 2010.
- Subject Terms
- McDaniel family--Archives; McDaniel, Kenton H. (Kenton Hertel), 1911-1945; City and Town Life; Mormons--Utah--Alpine; Social Life and Customs; World War, 1939-1945
- Genre / Form
- Financial records; Photographs; Postcards
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, Curator; 2010.
- Appraisal Information
- Shows life in Alpine in the early to mid 1900s. Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.VII, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- McDaniel family papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth Ballif, student processor and John Murphy, Curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-08T09:39-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The McDaniel family moved to Alpine, Utah in 1852. Charles Wilford McDaniel was born January 30, 1885. He married Mary Alice Olsen in 1906. They had eleven children. One of these children was Kenton H. McDaniel. He was born on November 29, 1911. He served in World War II, and was killed in action on April 10, 1945, in Holland.
comments powered by Disqus