R. Kent Fielding papers
R. Kent Fielding papers
Papers consists of research notes and lecture notes. The materials date circa 1950.
- Extent: 2 folders (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Fielding, R. Kent (Robert Kent), 1920
- Call Number: MSS 7618
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- The collection has been kept in its original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from R. Kent Fielding papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7618; R. Kent Fielding papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7618, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by James B. Allen in 1990.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; James B. Allen; 1990.
- Genre / Form
- Lecture notes; Research (Document genres)
- Processing Information
- Processed; Kiren Dulai, student processor, and John Murphy, curator; 2010.
- Appraisal Information
- This collection provides insight into the life and works of a professor at Brigham Young University. Collected in Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.VII, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Fielding (R. Kent) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Kiren Dulai, student processor
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-09-12T09:44-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Robert Kent Fielding was born June 30, 1920 in Spanish Fork, Utah. He attended Brigham Young University where he obtained both his Bachelor's and Master's between 1950-1952. Fielding taught at Lincoln High School in Orem, Utah, before joining the Brigham Young University faculty in 1952. During this time, Fielding was also working on attaing his PhD from the University of Indianna. Robert Kent Fielding married Dorothy Stratton, and together they had four children.
comments powered by Disqus