David Lee Chandler papers
David Lee Chandler papers
The David Lee Chandler papers consists of materials relating to South America. The materials delve into the history of many South American countries and explore the colonial past of countries such as Colombia and Ecuador. The materials date 1800-1989.
- Extent: 14 cartons (14 linear ft.)
- Creator: Chandler, David Lee, 1938
- Call Number: MSS 7632
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials in
EnglishEnglishand Spanish; CastilianSpanish.
- This collection has been kept in its original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from David L. Chandler papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7632; David Lee Chandler papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, BYU. Following citations: MSS 7632, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by David Lee Chandler in 1995.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; David Lee Chandler; 1995.
- Subject Terms
- Colombia--History--1810-; Ecuador--History--1830-; Social Classes; South America--History--1801-; South America--Social life and customs
- Processing Information
- Processed; Kiren Dulai, student processor, and John Murphy, curator; 2010.
- Appraisal Information
- This collection provides insight into the works of David L. Chandler. Collected in Ethnic and Minority history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.IV, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Chandler (David Lee) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Kiren Dulai
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T11:10-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
David Lee Chandler was born October 9, 1938 in New Plymouth, Idaho. He attended Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah where he obtained his degree in History in 1963. He received a Ph.D. in History from Tulane University. David was an Professor of History at Brigham Young University. David Lee Chandler died August 13, 1993 in Salt Lake City.
comments powered by Disqus