Mary Ellen Edmunds papers
The new site is available at http://archives.lib.byu.edu
Mary Ellen Edmunds papers
Dates: approximately 1971-2015
Contains personal and professional papers of Edmunds, including resources from her work at the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah, especially training in foreign languages and instruction of senior missionaries. These materials also deal with human services missions in countries such as India and Ghana. Collection also contains work from Edmunds' experience on the Relief Society General Board, including teaching manuals, cards, and correspondence between various members of the Board. Also included are letters written to family members and friends, and photographs of vacations in Scandinavia, Florida, Cuba, and Greece. Dated circa 1971-2015.
- Extent: 34 cartons (34 linear ft.). -- 4 boxes (2 linear ft.). -- 1 item (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Edmunds, Mary Ellen, 1940
- Call Number: MSS 7643
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Donor restricted until 2031; permission to use materials must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in
Englishwith some materials in Spanishand Swedish.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Mary Ellen Edmunds papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- On October 3, 2016 the following items were deaccessioned: Minolta mini projector and copies of biographical papers about women who served on Relief Society general board and in the Relief Society general presidency.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7643; Mary Ellen Edmunds papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7643, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Mary Ellen Edmunds in 2010 and 2016.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Mary Ellen Edmunds; 2010. Donated; Mary Ellen Edmunds; 2016.
- Subject Terms
- Relief Society; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Missions and Missionaries; Religion; Mormon Church--Missions--India; Mormon Church--Missions--Ghana; Mormon missionaries--Training of; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--India; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--Ghana; Missionary Training Center (Provo, Utah); Relief Society (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)
- Genre / Form
- Letters; Manuals (Handbooks); Photographs
- Processing Information
- Processed; Courtney B. Dickson, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2011. Addition processed; Kelsey Samuelsen, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2012. Addition processed; Kelsey Samuelsen, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2013. Addition processed; Sadie Julian; 2016.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS, Utah, and Western American Women (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.V, August 2007.)
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Edmunds (Mary Ellen) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Courtney B. Dickson
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2018-03-10 21:07:59 -0700.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mary Ellen Edmunds (1940- ) was a nurse and welfare missionary across Asia, Africa, and the Phillipines.
Mary Ellen Edmunds was born on March 3, 1940, in California. She graduated from Brigham Young University in nursing and later returned to be a faculty member at the university. She has served in a variety of capacities in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; these positions include Assistant Director of Training in the Provo, Utah, Missionary Training Center, Coordinator of Training Welfare Missionaries, and a member of the Relief Society general board. She has served various types of Mormon missions: full-time, proselyting, and welfare missions in Taiwan, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Indonesia, and Africa. With an unforgettable love and humor, she has authored best-selling books and is an admired speaker in the Latter-day Saint realm.
comments powered by Disqus