Gary L. Bunker papers
Gary L. Bunker papers
Contains research compiled by Gary L. Bunker to assist him in writing books on Mormonism. Collection dates 1834-1969.
- Extent: 7 cartons (7 linear ft.)
- Creator: Bunker, Gary L., 1934
- Call Number: MSS 7655
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- The collection has been kept in its original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearnaces. Permission to publish material from Gary L. Bunker papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7655; Gary L. Bunker papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, BYU. Following citations: MSS 7655, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Davis Bitton and Gary L. Bunker in 1984. Donated by Gary L. Bunker in 1987.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Davis Bitton and Gary L. Bunker; 1984. Donated; Gary L. Bunker; 1987.
- Subject Terms
- Colleges and Universities; Education--Utah; Mormon Church--Research; Psychology; Teaching--Utah
- Processing Information
- Processed; Kiren Dulai, student processor, and John Murphy, curator; 2010.
- Appraisal Information
- This collection provides insight into the life of a BYU psychology professor. Collected in Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.VII, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Bunker (Gary L.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Kiren Dulai
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-19T13:07-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Gary L. Bunker was born in 1934 and is a native of Las Vegas, Nevada. He earned both his Bachelors and Masters degrees from Brigham Young University. In 1966, he graduated with a PhD from the University of California at Berkley. Previous to his time as a professor of psychology at Brigham Young University, he worked within the Department of Psychology at California State College in Los Angeles. He married Carolyn Marie Brown with whom he had five children. Gary L. Bunker is known for his extensive research on mormons and intergroup relations.
comments powered by Disqus