Joel L. Justesen papers
Joel L. Justesen papers
Collection includes Joel L. Justesen's papers relating to the Theatre Department at City University of New York, including classwork, papers, and handouts from various classes. It also includes posters and advertisements for Theatre Department productions at Brigham Young University (BYU) performed between 1975 and 1987. The entire collection dates 1935-1987.
- Extent: 3 oversize folders (0.6 linear ft.). -- 1 carton (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Justesen, Joel L., 1939-1989
- Call Number: MSS 7676
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- The collection has been kept in its original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Joel L. Justesen papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7676; Joel L. Justesen papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, BYU. Following citations: MSS 7676, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated from Eleanor C. Justesen in 1991.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Eleanor C. Justesen; 1991.
- Subject Terms
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Genre / Form
- Posters; Research (Document genres)
- Processing Information
- Processed; Mary Downs, student processor, and John Murphy, curator; 2010.
- Appraisal Information
- This collection contain 3 posters of the theatre department at Brigham Young University. Collected in Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.VII, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Justesen (Joel L.) collection on the BYU Theatre Department
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Mary Downs
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-10-19T14:54-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Joel L. Justesen was born on March 21, 1939 in Boise, Idaho, to Eleanor Chandler and Lawrence Verl Justesen. He was a graduate of the Theatre Department at Brigham Young University in 1959, and went on to get a Ph.D. in theater from the City University of New York in 1978. He died on April 24, 1989.
comments powered by Disqus