Jacobs family letters
Jacobs family letters
The Jacobs family letters are correspondence between Zina Diantha Huntington Jacobs Smith Young, Henry Bailey Jacobs, and their son, Henry Chariton Jacobs. In addition to these letters, there are also diary excerpts from Zina and Henry's other son, Zebulon Jacobs. The collection consists of two folders and is 123 pages in length. The dates of the correspondence ranges from 1846-1915.
- Extent: 2 folders (0.2 linear ft.)
- Creator: Jacobs, Henry Bailey, 1817-1886. -- Jacobs, Henry Chareton, 1846-1915. -- Jacobs, Zebulon William, 1842-1914. -- Young, Zina Diantha Huntington Jacobs Smith, 1821-1901
- Call Number: MSS 7699
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Maintained in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Jacobs family letters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7699; Jacobs family letters; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Nancy Keeler in 2010.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated: Nancy Keeler; 2010.
- Subject Terms
- Jacobs family--Correspondence; Polygamy--Religious aspects--Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--History
- Genre / Form
- Diaries; Letters
- Processing Information
- Devon Zimmerman, student manuscript processor, and David Whittaker, curator.
- Appraisal Information
- Development of Mormonism. 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Jacobs family letters
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Devon Zimmerman
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T12:24-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The Jacobs family included Zina Diantha Huntington Jacobs Smith Young, Henry Bailey Jacobs, and their two sons, Zebulon William and Henry Chareton Jacobs. Zina was born on January 31, 1821 in Watertown, New York to William Huntington and Zina Baker. She was baptized at the age of fifteen by Patriarch Hyrum Smith on 1 August 1835. She was later married to Henry Bailey Jacobs in Nauvoo, had two sons, Zebulon William and Henry Chariton Jacobs, but later separated from her husband. She was married to the Prophet Joseph Smith and was sealed to him after his martyrdom. She was then married to the Prophet Brigham Young until her death in Salt Lake City on August 28, 1901.
comments powered by Disqus