Hugh B. Brown scrapbook
Hugh B. Brown scrapbook
Contains two digital copies of a scrapbook of Hugh B. Brown on five CD-ROMs. The scrapbooks contain materials that document his mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Great Britain, with materials dating from between 1937 and 1938.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brown, Hugh B., 1883-1975
- Call Number: MSS 7758
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Materials were left in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Hugh B. Brown scrapbook must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Reproduction: CD-ROMs. [Provo, Utah] : Harold B. Lee Library, 2010.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7758; Hugh B. Brown scrapbook; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7758, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated in 2011.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; 2011.
- Subject Terms
- Brown, Hugh B., 1883-1975--Archives; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--Great Britain; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon Church--Missions--Great Britain; Mormon missionaries--Great Britain
- Genre / Form
- CD-ROMs; Scrapbooks
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2011.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.VII, August 2007.) Documents the family life of Hugh B. Brown in Utah.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Brown (Hugh B.) scrapbook
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth Ballif, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2011-10-04T17:43-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Hugh B. Brown (1883-1975) worked in law and oil development in Utah before becoming a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.
Hugh B. Brown was born October 24, 1883, in Granger, Utah. He served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to the British Isles, and later served as president of the British Mission. After successful careers in law and oil development, he became the Assistant to the Quorum of the Twelve in 1953. On April 10, 1958, he was sustained as a member of the Quorum of the Twelve, and three years later, as a counselor in the First Presidency. He served as a counselor to President David O. McKay for nearly nine years. He died December 2, 1975, in Salt Lake City, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus