Sam Cardon scores
Sam Cardon scores
Dates: approximately 1991-2005
Collection includes Sam Cardon's original music scores and copies of scores. The scores include Latter-day Saint music compositions and Imax soundtracks and date from approximately 1991 to 2005.
- Extent: 19 oversize boxes (33.2 linear ft.)
- Creator: Cardon, Sam
- Call Number: MSS 7781
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Music Special Collections; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open to public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- The original order of the collection has been retained.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Sam Cardon scores must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7781; Sam Cardon scores; LDS Music Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7781, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Sam Cardon prior to 2011.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Sam Cardon; prior to 2011.
- Subject Terms
- Cardon, Sam; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Music
- Genre / Form
- Music--Manuscripts; Scores
- Processing Information
- Processed; Brian Fletcher; March 2011.
- Appraisal Information
- Prominent LDS Composers, (Section IV LDS Music Archives Collection Development Policy January 2011).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Cardon (Sam) scores
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Brian Fletcher
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-23T04:19-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Sam Cardon (born 1956) is a composer of modern music. He is a multiple Emmy award winner.
Cardon composed the signature music for the Calgary Olympic Games in 1988. He has created music for films, television, and personal albums. He composed the music for Imax movies such as Whales in 1997, Zion Canyon Treasure of the Gods, and Shakleton's Antarctic Adventure in 2001. He has composed themes for Good Morning America and ABC Sunday Night at the Movies. His personal albums include Serious Leisure, Innovators with Kurt Bestor, Digability, and Redemption Road.
comments powered by Disqus