Hagop Gagosian papers
Hagop Gagosian papers
Collection contains the Armenian Bible of Hagop Gagosian, a typescript of an autobiography of Hagop Gagosian from 1939 translated into English, an Armenian language book that belonged to John Taylor Woodbury, Jr. (Gagosian's son-in-law and a missionary in Turkey), and a CD with scanned images of parts of the Bible and language book plus translations.
- Extent: 1 v. (0.3 linear ft.). -- 2 folders (0.2 linear ft.)
- Creator: Gagosian, Hagop, 1868-1952
- Call Number: MSS 7785
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English and Armenian.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Hagop Gagosian collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7785; Hagop Gagosian collection; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7785, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by C. Kent Chamberlain in 2011. Chamberlain is a great-grandson of Gagosian.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; C. Kent Chamberlain; 2011.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--Turkey--History; Gagosian, Hagop, 1868-1952; Woodbury, John Taylor, Jr., 1884-1953; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon missionaries--Turkey--History; Mormons--Turkey--History
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elisa Visick; May 2011.
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Gagosian (Hagop) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elisa Visick
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-23T04:23-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Hagop Tumas (born 1868) Gagosian was an Armenian convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Hagop Gagosian was born in Zara, Turkey, on January 25, 1868, son of Tumas and Marrow Sherinian Gagosian. Hagop married Arake Kalug Setigan in 1887. They had five children. Gagosian converted to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Turkey in 1894 and was one of the first Armenian converts to the Church. He later immigrated to Utah with his family.
comments powered by Disqus