Lewis K. Billings scrapbooks
Lewis K. Billings scrapbooks
Contains scrapbooks that document Lewis K. Billings political campaign to be the mayor of Provo, of his terms in office, and of the 2002 Winter Olympics in Utah. Materials date from 1997 to 2009.
- Extent: 13 cartons (13 linear ft.)
- Creator: Billings, Lewis K. (Lewis Kevin), 1956
- Call Number: MSS 7787
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Condition restricted; permission to use items must be obtained from the Supervisor of Referencne Services.
- Languages and Scripts
- Chronological. Materials left in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Lewis K. Billings scrapbook must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7787; Lewis K. Billings scrapbooks; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7787, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Lewis K. Billings in 2011.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Lewis K. Billings; 2011.
- Other Finding Aids
- More detailed finding aid available in the repository upon request.
- Subject Terms
- Billings, Lewis K. (Lewis Kevin), 1956---Archives; Olympic Winter Games (19th : 2002 : Salt Lake City, Utah); Mayors--Utah--Provo; Political Campaigns; Political campaigns--Utah--Provo; Politics, Government, and Law; Provo (Utah); Provo (Utah)--Politics and government
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2011.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah political history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.I, August 2007.) Lewis K. Billings served as the mayor of Provo from 1998 to 2009, and the scrapbooks in this collection document his service and campaigning.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Billings (Lewis K.) scrapbooks
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth Ballif, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-04-06T04:06-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Lewis K. Billings (born 1956) is a politician in Utah. He served as mayor of Provo, Utah from 1998 to 2009.
Lewis K. Billings was born in 1956. As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, he served a mission to Japan. Billings studied engineering, technology, and business at Brigham Young University. Prior to his service as mayor of Provo, Billings was involved with the Provo/Orem Chamber of Commerce, the Utah Manufacturers Council, the Boy Scouts of America Provo District, and Utah's Fourth District Judicial Nominating Commission. He served as mayor of Provo City from 1998 to 2009.
comments powered by Disqus