Robert Spurrier Ellison papers
Robert Spurrier Ellison papers
Correspondence, genealogical notes, diaries, business records, drafts of writings, speeches, and collected research and reference materials including manuscripts, letters, legal documents, maps, photographs, and newspaper clippings. The materials pertain primarily to the history and settlement of the American West, the American Indian Wars and American Indian culture, and the preservation of western historical landmarks.
- Extent: 10 boxes (5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Ellison, Robert Spurrier
- Call Number: MSS 782
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Copyright is held by the Ellison heirs, by the heirs of the creators of various items, and possibly by the Lilly Library. Please contact the Supervisor of Reference Services for access.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Robert Spurrier Ellison papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 782; Robert Spurrier Ellison papers; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 782, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Purchased from Fred Rosenstock of Denver, Colorado.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS782.xml
- Subject Terms
- Alter, J. Cecil, 1879-1964; Barry, D. F. (David Francis), 1854-1934; Bisbee, William H.; Bourke, John Gregory, 1846-1896; Bridger, Jim, 1804-1881; Brininstool, E. A. (Earl Alonzo), 1870-1957; Brown, W. C. (William Carey), 1854-1939; Brundage, T. J.; Buffalo Bill, 1846-1917; Camp, Walter Mason, 1867-1925; Carter, William A. (William Alexander), 1818-1881; Crazy Horse, ca. 1842-1877; Crumb, John H.; Custer, George A. (George Armstrong), 1839-1876; DeWolf, James Madison, 1843-1876; Dustin, Fred, 1866-; Godfrey, Edward Settle, 1843-1932; Greenburg, Dan W.; Grinnell, George Bird, 1849-1938; Hebard, Grace Raymond, 1861-1936; Hooker, William Francis, 1856-1938; Hunton, John, 1839-1928; Jackson, William Henry, 1843-1942; King, Charles, 1844-1933; Kuhlman, Charles, 1878-1959; Lewis, Meriwether, 1774-1809; Mackenzie, Ranald Slidell, 1840-1889; North, Frank J. (Frank Joshua), 1840-1885; Ostrander, Alson Bowles, 1849-1934; Parker, Samuel J.; Parker, Samuel, 1779-1866; Reckmeyer, Clarence; Sacagawea; Thwaites, Reuben Gold, 1853-1913; Whitman, Marcus, 1802-1847; Adobe Walls, Battle of, Tex., 1874; Bozeman Trail--History; Cheyenne Indians--History; Colorado--History; Dakota Indians--History; Expeditions and Adventure; Fort Bridger (Wyo.)--History; Fort Fetterman (Wyo.)--History; Fort Hall (Idaho:Fort)--History; Fort Laramie (Wyo.)--History; Fort Leavenworth (Kan.)--History; Fort Phil Kearny (Wyo.)--History; Historians--Colorado--Correspondence; Immigration and American Expansion; Indians of North America--Wars--1866-1895; Little Bighorn, Battle of the, Mont., 1876; Michigan--History; Montana--History; Mormons--West (U.S.)--History; Nebraska--History; Nez Percé Indians; Oregon National Historic Trail--History; Oregon--History; Overland journeys to the Pacific; Pawnee Indians--History; Pony express; Texas--History; Utah--History; Wyoming--History
- Genre / Form
- Drafts (Documents); Histories; Letters; Maps; Newspapers; Notes; Pamphlets; Photographs
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Ellison (Robert Spurrier) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-09-20T10:56-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Robert Spurrier Ellison (1875-1945) was a prominent Colorado lawyer, businessman, politician, historian, and author.
comments powered by Disqus