The International Council of Organizations of Folklore Festivals and Folk Arts (C.I.O.F.F.) records include four cartons of minutes, correspondence, annual reports, and festival programs hosted or attended by the C.I.O.F.F. members. The collection spans the dates 1974-2003, and was collected by some of the leading members of the organization.
- Extent: 4 cartons (4 linear ft)
- Creator: C.I.O.F.F..
- Call Number: MSS 7844
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Music Special Collections; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open to public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English, French, German, Spanish (Spain), Russian.
- The original order of the collection has been retained.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from C.I.O.F.F. records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7844; C.I.O.F.F. records; Music Special Collections; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7844, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by the International Council of Organizations of Folklore Festivals and Folk Arts organization of the United States of America in 2004. One carton of International Council of Organizations of Folklore Festivals and Folk Arts materials donated by Mary Bee Jensen in 2010.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; International Council of Organizations of Folklore Festivals and Folk Arts; 2004. Donated; Mary Bee Jensen; 2010.
- Subject Terms
- C.I.O.F.F..; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Folk dancing
- Genre / Form
- Corporate minutes; Letters; Programs
- Processing Information
- Processed; Melissa James; May 2011. Processed; Melissa James; June 2011.
- Appraisal Information
- Archives of local organizations with working relations with Brigham Young University, (Section IV.a.i.5 Music Special Collections Development Policy September 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- C.I.O.F.F. records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Melissa James
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-05-30T10:10-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The C.I.O.F.F. (Conseil International des Organisations des Festivals de Folklore et d'Arts Traditionnels or International Council of Organizations of Folklore Festivals and Folk Arts) (1970- ) is an international cultural organization dedicated to the preservation and the dissemination of traditional arts.
Founded in 1970 by Henri Coursaget with the purpose of gathering together Folklore Festivals to expand the sharing of cultural traditions, and to demonstrate respect of cultural diversity and human creativity.
C.I.O.F.F is currently represented in ninety countries around the world, with over three hundred international Folklore Festivals in participation, and is in formal consultative relations with the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
comments powered by Disqus