Judith Hughes papers
Judith Hughes papers
The Judith Hughes papers were collected during Hughes' time spent pursuing her music degrees. The collection spans the dates 1982-1996 and contains binders of research notes, class lecture notes, and research papers. The collection mostly revolves around the research done for Hughes' Master's thesis "Influence of Symbolist Poetry on the Development of Debussy's Musical Language" done for California State University and includes a copy of the thesis as well as other lecture notes in music history.
- Extent: 2 cartons (2 linear ft.)
- Creator: Hughes, Judith
- Call Number: MSS 7904
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Music Special Collections; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open to public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- The original order of the collection has been retained.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Judith Hughes papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7904; Judith Hughes papers; Music Special Collections; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7904, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Ronald Ortiz in 2002.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Ronald Ortiz; 2002.
- Subject Terms
- Debussy, Claude, 1862-1918--Criticism and interpretation; Debussy, Claude, 1862-1918--Symbolism; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Music
- Genre / Form
- Lecture notes; Research (Document genres)
- Processing Information
- Processed; Melissa James; July 2011.
- Appraisal Information
- Performance and pedagogy for the mainstream Western classical tradition, (section IV.a.ii Music Special Collections Development Policy September 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hughes (Judith) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Melissa James
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-01-26T04:23-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Judith Hughes persued her Master's degree in music from California State University. Hughes' Master's thesis is titled, "Influence of Symbolist Poetry on the Development of Debussy's Musical Language," and was completed in 1996. Hughes holds a B.A. from California State University (1993), and a B.A. from the University of California (1965).
comments powered by Disqus