Eric A. Eliason papers
Eric A. Eliason papers
Collection includes research, drafts, correspondence, photographs, audiocassettes, videocassettes, slides, and other materials collected by Eliason related to his research and travels. Topics include Mormon Pioneer Day celebrations in the western United States, Russia's "Mormons," foxhunting in Great Britain, J. Golden Kimball, and Saba lace production. Also includes a notebook and ephemera related to Eliason's service as a missionary and as a military chaplain. Materials date from between 1994 and 2008.
- Extent: 4 cartons (4 linear ft.). -- 1 folder (0.05 linear ft.)
- Creator: Eliason, Eric A. (Eric Alden), 1967
- Call Number: MSS 7914
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; William A. Wilson Folklore Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Eric Eliason papers must be obtained from the Supervior of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7914; Eric A. Eliason papers; Wilson Folklore Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7914, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Given to Special Collections by Eric Eliason, a current faculty member and creator of the collection, in the Fall of 2015.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Eric A. Eliason; 2015.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available in repository.
- Subject Terms
- Saba; Mormons--Russia; Fox hunting--Great Britain; Pioneer Day (Mormon history)--West (U.S.); Lace and lace making--Saba; Anthropology; Language and Languages; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Voyages and travels; Eliason, Eric A. (Eric Alden), 1967-; Kimball, Jonathan Golden, 1853-1938; Eliason, Eric A. (Eric Alden), 1967---Archives
- Genre / Form
- Photographs; Research (Document genres); Drafts (Documents)
- Processing Information
- Processed; Student Manuscript Processor McKinley Griffin; January 15 2015.
- Appraisal Information
- Papers of a folklorist associated with Brigham Young University (Wilson Folklore Archives collection development policy, 3.D, 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Eliason (Eric A.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Kristi Young
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-03-16 10:37:20 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Eric A. Eliason (1967- ) is an ethnographer in Utah.
Eric Alden Eliason was born in Okinawa, Japan, the son of Can and LeAnn Eliason. Married to Stephanie Smith, they have four children, Shelby, Caleb, Noah, and Samuel. A professor of English at Brigham Young University, Eliason received a B.A. in Linguistics from Brigham Young University in 1992. He also earned an M.A. in anthropology in 1995 and a PhD in American Studies in 1997; both from the University of Texas at Austin.
comments powered by Disqus