British land records
British land records
Contains five records for land ownership in Britain, dated 1753 and 1898-1900. The records lay out a lease agreement which states where the land is that is being leased, when payments are due, and how much the payments will be, as well as the laws regarding leasing. The records are for various locations, including West Wickham, Gloucester, Southhampton, and Surrey.
- Extent: 4 folders (0.3 linear ft.)
- Call Number: MSS 7921
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials were left in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the British land records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7921; British land records; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7921, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Acquisition Information
- Subject Terms
- City and Town Life; Deeds--England--Specimens; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2011.
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon manuscripts. The collection is important because it assists in family history work and paleography training.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- British land records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John M. Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-09-09T17:55-0600
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus