William F. Buck papers
William F. Buck papers
Contains receipts, bills, letters, a biography, and family history records of William F. Buck. The letters document family and personal life of the Buck families as well as the busineses that William F. Buck was involved with.
- Extent: 3 folders (0.3 linear ft.)
- Creator: Buck, William F. (William Foulds), 1856-1921
- Call Number: MSS 7926
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials left in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the William F. Buck papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7926; William F. Buck papers; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7926, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Jim Dearden in 2011.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Jim Dearden; 2011.
- Subject Terms
- Buck family; Buck, William F. (William Foulds), 1856-1921--Archives; Business, Industry, Labor, and Commerce; Economics and Banking; England--Genealogy
- Genre / Form
- Financial records; Letters; Receipts (Acknowledgments)
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student manuscript procoessor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2011.
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts. Documents business transactions in the Western United States.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Buck (William F.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth Ballif, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-09-09T17:55-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Wiliam F. Buck (1856-1921) was a farmer in Wyoming.
William Foulds Buck was born February 11, 1856, to William and Mary Foulds Buck in Nottingham, England. During his childhood, he worked with his family knitting stockings on frames, and, on occasion, would work in the mines with some of his brothers to supplement the family income. On November 2, 1878, he married Emma Matilda Copeland. They had nine children. In 1880, Emma and William joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Because of the persecution they faced, they immigrated to Wyoming in 1885. While there, the family worked in the mines, but Emma and William, wanting a better life for their children, changed their occupation to farming. William died August 30, 1921, in Evanston, Wyoming.
comments powered by Disqus