Joseph H. Dean journals
Joseph H. Dean journals
Contains one microfilm version of the journals of Joseph H. Dean. The journals cover the years 1876 to 1884.
- Extent: 1 microfilm reel (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Dean, Joseph H. (Joseph Henry), 1855-1947
- Call Number: MSS 7933
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials left in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Joseph H. Dean journals must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7933; Joseph H. Dean journals; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7933, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Transferred from the Church Archives to L. Tom Perry Special Collections on August 6, 2009.
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; August 2011.
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Dean (Joseph H.) journals
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John M. Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-09T04:21-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Joseph Henry Dean (1855-1947) served as a Mormon missionary in Samoa, Hawaii, and the Sandwich Islands. Joseph Henry Dean was born October 16, 1855 in Taunton, Somerset, England to Joseph Dean and Catherine Knott Dean. He immigrated to the United States in 1860. On October 11, 1876, he married Sarah Allen Arnold. On June 11, 1885, he married Florence Ridges. He served as the President of the Samoan Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from 1888 to 1890. He also served missions to the Sandwich Islands and Hawaii. He died November 2, 1947, in Vernal, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus