Noel B. Reynolds papers
Noel B. Reynolds papers
Collection contains personal files including correspondence, research files, and course materials. The correspondence includes both personal and professional subject material. Included in the research files are the works of theorists of law and economy. The course materials contain those collected by Noel B. Reynolds at Harvard University as a student, as well as those collected at Brigham Young University as a faculty member in the Political Science Department. Materials date from between 1966 and 2011.
- Extent: 7 cartons (7 linear ft.)
- Creator: Reynolds, Noel B.
- Call Number: MSS 7935
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Arranged in four series: 1. Correspondence, 1981-1997. 2. Research files, undated. 3. Faculty course materials, 1978-2011. 4. Personal course materials, 1966-1985. The original order of these materials was maintained.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Noel B. Reynolds papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7935; Noel B. Reynolds papers; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7935, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Noel B. Reynolds in July 2011.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Noel B. Reynolds; July 2011.
- Subject Terms
- Reynolds, Noel B.--Archives; Colleges and Universities; Economics--Research; Education; Law--Research
- Genre / Form
- Letters; Outlines
- Processing Information
- Processed; Dani Peterson; August 2011.
- Appraisal Information
- Part of University Archives; college records (University Archives collecting policy February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Reynolds (Noel B.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Dani Peterson
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2011-09-21T17:33-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Noel B. Reynolds (born 1942) is a political science professor at Brigham Young University.
After earning a Ph.D. in the Department of Government at Harvard University in 1971, Noel B. Reynolds accepted a position at Brigham Young University in the political science department. His honors and positions held include the chair of the Department of Philosophy, the Honors Program Professor of the Year, the associate academic vice president, the director of the Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies (FARMS), and the executive director of the Neal A. Maxwell Institute for Religious Scholarship. Reynolds has also served as a visiting faculty member at Harvard University, the University of Edinburgh, and BYU's Jerusalem Center for Near Eastern Studies.
Noel B. Reynolds has completed significant research and work on subjects ranging from Plato's political theory, constitutionalism and the rule of law, to authorship studies, the Dead Sea Scrolls, and the Book of Mormon.
In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Reynolds has served as a bishop, a stake president, and a mission president. He is married to Sydney Smith Reynolds, the first counselor in the general Primary presidency from 1999 to 2005, and they have eleven children.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 7935
Noel B. Reynolds correspondence
Dates: bulk 1993-1997----1981-1997
Noel B. Reynolds research files
Noel B. Reynolds faculty course materials
Noel B. Reynolds personal course materials
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives