Glen Gottfredson papers
Glen Gottfredson papers
Contains a record of Gottfredson's military service aboard the U.S.S. Phoenix during World War II. Also contains materials pertaining to the history of the Pioneer Ward in Provo, Utah. Dated 1910-1969.
- Extent: 1 oversize folder (0.3 linear ft.). -- 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Gottfredson, Glen (Glen Robert), 1926
- Call Number: MSS 7941
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Organized into two series: 1. Military service papers. 2. Papers on the Pioneer Ward.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Glen Gottfredson papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7941; Glen Gottfredson papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7941, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Glen Gottfredson in 2011.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Glen Gottfredson; 2011.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Pioneer Ward--History; Gottfredson family; United States. Navy--Sailors' handbooks; Church Government; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Religion; Material Types; Publications; Wards (Mormon Church)--Utah--Provo--History
- Genre / Form
- Family histories
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2011. Addition processed; Kelsey Samuelsen, student processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2012.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.VII, August 2007.) Documents the ward history of the Pioneer Ward in Provo, Utah, and the life of an LDS navy man.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Gottfredson (Glen) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth Ballif, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-05-01T16:18-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Glen Gottfredson (born 1926) was a member of the Pioneer Ward in Provo, Utah. He served in the Navy aboard the U.S.S. Phoenix.
Glen Gottfredson was born on April 15, 1926, to Wilford and Melva Gammell Gottfredson, one of five children. He grew up in Springville, Utah. In 1943, he served in the United States Navy on board the U.S.S. Phoenix, during World War II. He enlisted in 1943 and terminated his service in 1946. They served in the Pacific region. His wife is Beverly B. Gottfredson. He currently lives in Provo, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 7941
Glen Gottfredson military service papers
Dates: circa 1941-1945
Glen Gottfredson papers on the Pioneer Ward
Help with this Collection
Curator - 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts