Lyon family papers
Lyon family papers
Dates: bulk 1899-1995, approximately 1836-2007
Collection contains research files, correspondence, diaries, memorabilia, and other materials related to the Lyon family. Includes professional materials associated with various family members, as well as historical information on the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Materials date from approximately 1836 to 2007, with most from between 1899 and 1995.
- Extent: 2 boxes (1 linear ft.). -- 9 cartons (9 linear ft.)
- Creator: Lyon (Family : Lyon, T. Edgar)
- Call Number: MSS 7955
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged into six series: 1. T. Edgar Lyon papers. 2. James K. Lyon papers. 3. David R. Lyon papers. 4. Janette Lyon Ermisch papers. 5. David Waldemar Lyon family newsletters. 6. Lyon family newsletters.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish from the Lyon family papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7955; Lyon family papers; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7955, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated to Special Collections in several installments by James K. Lyon and Ted Lyon between 2011 and 2012.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; James K. Lyon, Ted Lyon; 2011-2012.
- Related Material
- See also John Lyon collection (MSS 1595), John Lyon photographs (MSS P 1595), John Lyon collection (MSS 2391), David Ross Lyon papers (MSS 2370), T. Edgar Lyon, Sr. collection (MSS 2341), Thomas E. "Ted" Lyon research collection on his father, T. Edgar Lyon (MSS 2372), Ted Lyon papers (MSS 6293), and Ted Lyon research (MSS 6953).
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--History; Lyons family; Home and Family; Mormon families--Utah; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Books; Letters; Research (Document genres)
- Processing Information
- Processed; David Whittaker, curator, and Amanda Crandall, manuscripts specialist; 2012-2013.
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Lyon family papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by David Whittaker, curator; Amanda Crandall, manuscripts specialist
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-10T04:24-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The T. Edgar Lyon family began when Thomas Edgar Lyon, Sr. (1903-1978) of Salt Lake City, Utah, married Laura Hermana Forsberg (1906-1980) in 1927. They raised six sons: David Waldemar, John Forsberg, twins Allyn Laurence and James K., and twins Thomas Edgar, Jr. and Joseph Lynn. The family lived primarily in Salt Lake City, Utah. Thomas Edgar Lyon, Sr. is the eigth child and seventh son of David Ross Lyon (1864-1940) of Salt Lake City, Utah, and Mary Cairns (1866-1948) of Govan, Scotland.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 7955
T. Edgar Lyon papers
Dates: approximately 1836-2005
James K. Lyon papers
David R. Lyon papers
Dates: bulk 1877-1965----1839-1978
Janette Lyon Ermisch papers
Dates: bulk 1928-1994----1896-1994
David Waldemar Lyon family newsletters
Lyon family newsletters
Help with this Collection
Curator - 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts