Thea Daniel collection on Judd family
Thea Daniel collection on Judd family
Contains a story titled A Little Indian Girl written by Nancy Asay, daughter of Priddy Meeks, and the history of Carlos W. Judd and Esther Brown Judd, and five audio cassettes and one CD of Esther Judd stories she made and told. Dated 1956-2006.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Asay, Nancy Meeks, 1859-1950. -- Daniel, Thea, 1949. -- Judd, Carlos Wandel, 1892-1982. -- Judd, Esther Brown, 1900-1966
- Call Number: MSS 7960
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Thea Daniel collection of Esther Brown Judd family histories must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Located in Box 497.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7960; Thea Daniel collection of Esther Brown Judd family histories; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7960, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Thea Daniel in 2011 and 2012.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Thea Daniel; 2011 and 2012.
- Subject Terms
- Judd family; Material Types; Mormons--Utah; Oral Histories
- Genre / Form
- Audiocassettes; Family histories
- Processing Information
- Processed; Pete Hoyt, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2011.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS, Utah, and Western American women (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.V, August 2007.)
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Daniel (Thea) collection of (Judd) Esther Brown family histories
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Pete Hoyt, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-16T04:08-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Thea Daniel (1949-) is a library paraprofessional at Brigham Young University.
Thea Asay Daniel was born in 1949 to Lynn J. and Nellie Judd Asay. She married M. Roy Daniel who passed away in 2003. Thea Daniel works as a library paraprofessional at the Harold B. Lee Library. She is the mother of one daughter and grandmother to three.
Esther Brown Judd (1900-1966) was a Mormon woman from Kanab, Utah.
Esther Brown was born on September 25, 1900 in Kanab, Utah to Isaac Osborn Brown and Mary Ellen Robinson. She married Carlos Wandel Judd on June 15, 1922 in Salt Lake City, Utah. She died on October 31, 1966 in Provo, Utah.
Nancy Meeks Asay (1859-1950) was a Mormon woman from Southern Utah.
Nancy Meeks Asay was born on August 12, 1859 in Parowan, Utah to Priddy Meeks and Mary Jane McCleve. She married Jerome Asay on June 1, 1875 in Parowan, Utah and they were the parents of eleven children. She died on July 23, 1950 in Castle Dale, Utah.
Carlos Wandel Judd (1892-1982) was a Mormon man from Kanab, Utah.
Carlos Wandel Judd was born on August 22, 1892 in Kanab, Kane County, Utah. He served in the Southern States Mission (1912-1914), mostly working in Kentucky. He married Esther Brown on June 15, 1922 in Salt Lake City, Utah. His main occupation was cattle rancher, and maintained permits with the Bureau of Land Management on Kaibab, Kane County, Utah. He also worked for United States Forest Service as Fire Guard in the Kaibab National Forest. He was deeply involved in his community, and served as the sheriff of Kane County, mayor of Kanab (1931), Kane County commissioner, state brand inspector, and counselor in the Kanab Ward bishopric. Judd died on December 26, 1982 in Provo, Utah, and was buried in Kanab, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Folder in MSS 7960
A little Indian girl / riten bye Nancy Asay
The combined histories of Esther Brown Judd and Carlos W. Judd / compiled, completed, re-typed, edited, pictures added and printed through the efforts of their daughter, Nellie Judd Asay and her daughter, Debbie Asay Workman
Item 1 folder 3
Stories by Grandpa Judd / written and told by Esther Brown Judd ; edited by M. Roy Daniel
Item 2 folder 3
Esther Brown Judd history, Sept. 25, 1900-Oct. 31, 1966
Help with this Collection
Curator - 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts