Clark L. Cox histories
Clark L. Cox histories
Collection contains the personal and family histories of Clark L. Cox and Janet Cox. This includes a life history of Clark L. Cox, and histories of Mormon missions served by Clark and Janet Cox in Zimbabwe, Turkey, Utah, and Washington, D.C. Also includes family histories of Cox's ancestors.
- Extent: 1 carton (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Cox, Clark L., 1927
- Call Number: MSS 7961
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Left in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Clark L. Cox histories must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7961; Clark L. Cox histories; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7961, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Clark L. and Janet Cox in 2011.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Clark L. and Janet Cox; 2011.
- Subject Terms
- Cox family; Cox, Clark L., 1927---Archives; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Family histories; Missionaries; Mormon missionaries--Turkey--History; Mormon missionaries--United States--History; Mormon missionaries--Zimbabwe--History; Mormons--Nevada--Bunkerville--History
- Processing Information
- Processed; Pete Hoyt, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2011.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.VII, August 2007.)
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Cox (Clark L.) histories
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Pete Hoyt, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-01-19T11:49-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Clark L. Cox (1927- ) was an educator and administrator in Utah and California.
Clark L. Cox was born September 20, 1927 in Las Vegas, Nevada to Marriner David and Veda Belle Leavitt Cox. Cox was raised in Glendale, Nevada and North Las Vegas, Nevada. Cox was drafted into the U.S. Army in November, 1945 and later served in the United States Air Force. Cox married Irene Leavitt and they were the parents of three children. They were later divorced and he married Betty and raised her three daughters. After Betty's death in 1985 he married Janet Johnson. Together they served several Mormon missions to the Salt Lake Visitor's Center and Zimbabwe. Cox received his B.A. from Occidental College in Los Angeles, California, and his M.A. from Sacramento State College. Cox was a school principal and assistant superintendent at schools in California before becoming superintendent at Alpine School District.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 7961
Clark L. Cox personal histories
Clark L. Cox family histories
Dates: Circa 2010
Help with this Collection
Curator - 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts