Boyd McAffee papers
Boyd McAffee papers
Collection contains a book by Boy McAffee with all his journal entries from his mission to Iran with Brigham Young University and the United States Technical Cooperation Administration. He was there with his family for over two years as he participated in the government's Point Four Program. The journal entires outline his travels from Utah to Iran where he was instrumental in establishing schools and training teachers and administrators in cities and villages among nomad tribes.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.2 linear ft.)
- Creator: McAffee, Boyd H., 1917-1997
- Call Number: MSS 7962
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Boyd McAffee papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7962; Boyd McAffee papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7962, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Source of acquision is unknown.
- Acquisition Information
- Subject Terms
- Material Types; Diaries; Technical assistance, American--Iran; McAffee, Boyd H., 1917-1997; McAffee, Boyd H., 1917-1997--Diaries
- Genre / Form
- Personal papers
- Processing Information
- Processed; Catie Freedman, student manuscript processor, John M. Murphy, curator; 2015.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- McAffee (Boyd) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Catie Freedman
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-04-10 11:04:53 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Biographical / Historical
Boyd H. McAffee (1917-1997) was a teacher and lawmaker.
Boyd H. McAffee was born on June 16, 1917 in Lehi, Utah to parents Ephraim Harman and Evelyn Bushman McAffee. Shortly after, his family moved to Provo, Utah where he was raised. He gratuated from Provo High School and went on to attend Brigham Young University where he earned bachelor's and master's degrees in education.
He married Louise Schow on June 4, 1940 in Salt Lake City, Utah. Together they had five children. He worked as a teacher or principal for many years before he and his family moved to Iran in 1953. There he participated in the government's Point Four Program. He worked to establish schools and train teachers and administrators. He worked there until 1955.
He continued to work in eduation locally and served as director of elementary education for Provo city. He also served one year on the facult of the College of Education at Brigham Young University. He retired in 1979.
In 1964, he was elected to the Utah house of Representatives and served one term as a Provo representative.
He passed away on December 30, 1997 in Orem, Utah. He is buried in Lehi, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus