Marsha D. Broadway professional papers
Marsha D. Broadway professional papers
This collection contains the professional papers of Marsha D. Broadway on subjects relating to her affiliations with the Harold B. Lee Library, namely as Juvenile Literature Librarian and as an instructor in the School of Library and Information Sciences. The collection contains correspondence, copies of speeches, agreement and policy forms, financial records, special collections forms, and other various materials relating to the Juvenile Literature Library at Brigham Young University, 1985-2011.
- Extent: 3 oversize folders (4 linear ft.). -- 2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Broadway, Marsha D.
- Call Number: MSS 7964
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open to public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Contains five series: 1. Marsha D. Broadway professional records, 1985-2011. 2. Marsha D. Broadway Juvenile Literature Library records, 1994-2011. 3. Marsha D. Broadway juvenile literature mural records, 2001-2010. 4. Marsha D. Broadway professional agreements and blog records, 1993-2011. 5. Marsha D. Broadway Juvenile Special Collections records, 1994-2010. The original order was maintained where possible.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Marsha D. Broadway professional papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7964; Marsha D. Broadway professional papers; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citation: MSS 7964, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Marsha D. Broadway in September 2011.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Marsha D. Broadway; September 2011.
- Subject Terms
- Broadway, Marsha D.--Archives; Children's literature; Material Types
- Genre / Form
- Correspondence; Records
- Processing Information
- Processed; Dani Peterson; October 3, 2011.
- Appraisal Information
- Part of University Archives; college records (University Archives collecting policy February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Broadway (Marsha D.) professional papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Dani Peterson
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2011-10-19T15:06-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Marsha D. Broadway was the Juvenile Literature Librarian at the Harold B. Lee Library from 1993 to 2011.
Marsha D. Broadway received a Master of Science in Library Media at Alabama A&M University in 1978 and a Master of Library Science from Brigham Young University in 1981. In 1985, she received her PhD from Florida State University. She taught at Brigham Young University from 1985 to 1991 as an assistant professor, and as an associate professor from 1991 to 1993 in the School of Library and Information Sciences. When the school closed in 1993, Broadway became the Juvenile Literature Librarian at the Harold B. Lee Library. During her tenure as the librarian, she managed the juvenile literature collection, expanded the juvenile special collections, maintained the Families and Literacy Blog, and initiated the work on the mural that is currently housed in the Juvenile Literature Library. Broadway also served as a Chair in the Humanities and Religion Library from 2002 to 2005. She has published numerous articles in print and electronically, made numerous presentations across the nations, and served on both the Caldecott and Newberry Committee.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 7964
Marsha D. Broadway professional records
Marsha D. Broadway Juvenile Literature Library records
Dates: bulk 1994-2000----1994-2011
Marsha D. Broadway juvenile literature mural records
Marsha D. Broadway professional agreements and blog records
Marsha D. Broadway Juvenile Special Collections records
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives