From Laos to Fresno
The new site is available at http://archives.lib.byu.edu
From Laos to Fresno
Contains recordings and transcripts of Laotian stories. Accounts were recorded by Heber and Genevieve Moulton in 1989 during their missionary service in Fresno, California. These were transcribed and digitized by Meservy in 2007.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Meservy, Michele Moulton. -- Moulton, Genevieve, 1921. -- Moulton, Heber, 1920-2004
- Call Number: MSS 7970
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Materials left in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from From Laos to Fresno must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7970; From Laos to Fresno; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7970, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Rayman and Michele Meservy in 2011.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Rayman and Michele Meservy; 2011.
- Subject Terms
- Laos--Emigration and immigration; Laotian Americans--California--Interviews; Material Types; Oral Histories; Refugees--Laos--Interviews
- Genre / Form
- Compact discs; Interviews; Transcripts
- Processing Information
- Processed by Elizabeth Ballif, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator in 2012.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.VII, August 2007.) The collection documents some of the experiences of the members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in California after coming from Laos.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- From Laos to Fresno
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth Ballif, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-03-15T20:46-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Michele Moulton Meservy (born 1951) is a Mormon family historian in Utah.
Michele Moulton Meservy was born in 1951 to Heber and Genevieve Moulton. She married Rayman Meservy, and was named Utah Mother of the Year in 1978. She has written several articles for the Ensign, and currently lives with her husband in Orem, Utah.
Heber Moulton (1920-2004) was a teacher in Utah.
James Heber Moulton was born on September 21, 1920 in Heber City, Utah to Thomas Henry and Maybell McMullin Moulton. A member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, he served a mission to the Southern States. In 1943 he enlisted in the United States Army, where he served three years. After his return from military service he studied at the University of Utah. He married Genevieve Romney on March 16, 1948, and together they had five children. Moulton worked in Salt Lake City, eventually retiring from the Utah Technical College in 1985. After retirement he was involved in gardening, family history, video production, and church work. Moulton passed away on April 13, 2004 in Bountiful, Utah.
Genevieve Moulton (born 1921) is a Mormon homemaker in Utah.
Genevieve Moulton was born in 1921 to Thomas Cottam and Lydia Naegle Romney. She married Heber Moulton on March 16, 1948, and together they had five children. A member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, she served four missions with her husband.
comments powered by Disqus