Rhoda R. Dougall papers
Rhoda R. Dougall papers
Contains materials related to a court case between Rhoda R. Dougall, representing her deceased husband, Hugh M. Dougall, Jr., and the G.S. Wood Mercantile Company. Dougall was represented in this case by Arthur V. Watkins. Materials include correspondence with him and the attorneys for Wood's company, abstracts of the case, court proceedings papers, and other documents. Dated 1937-1940.
- Extent: 4 folders (0.2 linear ft.)
- Creator: Dougall, Rhoda R., 1868-1956
- Call Number: MSS 7975
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Collection materials are arranged in their original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Rhoda R. Dougall papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7975; Rhoda R. Dougall papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7975; LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Mary Johnson in 2011.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Mary Johnson; 2011.
- Related Material
- Related materials discussing the court history of Arthur V. Watkins can be found in the collection MSS 146, Arthur V. Watkins papers. Watkins was a lawyer who represented Rhoda R. Dougall in her case against the G.S. Wood Mercantile Company. His collection contains other materials related to his education and legacy as a lawyer and Senator.
- Subject Terms
- Dougall, Hugh M., Jr., 1863-1937; Dougall, Rhoda R., 1868-1956; G.S. Wood Mercantile Company; Watkins, Arthur V. (Arthur Vivian), 1886-1973; Civil Procedure and Courts; Correspondence; Courts--Utah--Provo--History; Politics, Government, and Law
- Genre / Form
- Court records
- Processing Information
- Processed; Kelsey Samuelsen, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2013.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah political history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.VII, August 2007.) Collection materials pertain to a court case which took place in Utah.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Dougall (Rhoda R.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Kelsey Samuelsen, student manuscripts processor, and John M. Murphy, curator.
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T12:02-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Rhoda R. Dougall (1868-1956) was a woman living in Utah.
Rhoda Rebecca Groesbeck Dougall was born on November 16, 1868 to Nicholas and Rhoda S. Groesbeck. She was born in Springville, Utah. She was educated in Springville. She married Hugh McSwain Dougall, and had one daughter, Catherine D. Wills. She died on October 2, 1956 in Springville, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus