Calvin Beecher papers
Calvin Beecher papers
Dates: approximately 2011, approximately 1939-1945
Contains posters and family histories. The posters are news maps of World War II that depict the location of battles and other war related news, dated circa 1939-1945. The family histories are all on CD and cover the lives of Calvin and Jean Beecher, as well as several of their ancestors and were compiled circa 2011.
- Extent: 4 folders (0.25 linear ft.)
- Creator: Beecher, Calvin (Calvin Yeoman), 1911-1997
- Call Number: MSS 7981
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Arranged in two series: 1. Calvin Beecher World War II posters, circa 1939-1945. 2. Calvin Beecher family histories, circa 2011.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Calvin Beecher World War II posters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7981; Calvin Beecher World War II posters; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7981, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Leo C. Beecher in 2011.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Leo C. Beecher; 2011.
- Subject Terms
- Beecher family; Military; Politics, Government, and Law; World War, 1939-1945
- Genre / Form
- Compact discs; Family histories; Maps; Posters
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2012.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, August 2007.) Documents the life of Calvin Beecher, who lived in Utah for much of his adult life.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Beecher (Calvin) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth Ballif, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-04-24T13:46-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Calvin Beecher (1911-1997) was a Mormon who served in the United States Navy during World War II.
Calvin Yeoman Beecher was born November 19, 1911, in Elba, Idaho. His parents were Elihu U. Beecher and Ella Hoagland Beecher. He married Jean Keddington on November 22, 1939, in Salt Lake City, Utah, and had four children. During World War II, Beecher served in the United States Navy in the Western Pacific. After the war, he worked in the banking and loan business. At his retirement, he was working as an accountant for the Utah State Board of Education. He also worked as a professional musician for many years. He died December 9, 1997.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 7981
Calvin Beecher posters on World War II
Dates: circa 1939-1945
Calvin Beecher family histories
Dates: circa 2011
Help with this Collection
Curator - 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts