George R. Blake papers
George R. Blake papers
Contains materials relating to Blake's life during the war and his mission. Includes a tyepwritten history of Blake's correspondence with a German prisoner of war, a letter in German, a history of prisoners of war in Orem during World War II, images of some of these prisoners, and a history of the end of Blake's mission to Germany. Dated 1943-2009.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Blake, George R., 1918
- Call Number: MSS 7982
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials in
- Collection materials are arranged in their original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the George R. Blake papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- MSS 7982; George R. Blake papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7982; LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by George R. Blake in 2011.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; George R. Blake; 2011.
- Subject Terms
- Blake, George R., 1918-; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--Germany; Religion; Military; Missionaries; Mormon Church--Missions--Germany; Politics, Government, and Law; World War, 1939-1945--Participation, Mormon; World War, 1939-1945--Prisoners and prisons, American--Photographs
- Processing Information
- Processed; Kelsey Samuelsen, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2013.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.VII, August 2007). Includes a Utah man's reminiscences on his life during World War Two and related to his mission to Germany.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Blake (George R.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Kelsey Samuelsen, student manuscripts processor, and John M. Murphy, curator.
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-04-25T11:33-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
George R. Blake (1918-) was a farmer from Utah Valley.
George R. Blake was born on March 14, 1918 in Vineyard, Utah. He was born to Samuel H. and Annie B. Blake. He grew up in Utah, where his father was a farmer. He served a mission to Germany in the 1930s. Upon returning, he was educated in college and then worked as a farmer. He currently lives in Provo, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus