Roscoe E. Grover mission photograph
Roscoe E. Grover mission photograph
Dates: approximately 1901-1902
Contains one photograph of the missionaries attending a conference in Bradford, England in the British Mission. The photograph features twenty-four missionaries, and is labeled with their names.
- Extent: 1 oversize folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Grover, Roscoe E. (Roscoe Everett), 1877-1912. -- Parkinson, William H. (William Henry), 1863
- Call Number: MSS 7993
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Photograph Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials were left in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Roscoe E. Grover mission photograph must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Annotation on front: John S. Perkins, Francis Starkey Jr., Fredrick C. Evans, Caleb W. Haws, Wm. M. Howell, Henry A. Cleveland, John H. Hill, Roscoe E. Grover, Joseph W. Belleridge, Thomas J. Howells, Franklin C. Moyle, Geo. M. Stark, H. Wallace Boden, Cyrus N. Stillman, David L. Reese, Margaret Thurman, Henry H. Blood, Wm. A. Cornaby, Joseph Eckersley, Diana Bean, Ernest Bramwell, Walter J. Wild, A. Fenley Merrill, Arthur D. Fowler.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7993; Roscoe E. Grover mission photograph; Photograph Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7993, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Kathleen J. Damron in 2012.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Kathleen J. Damron; 2012.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon missionaries--England--Photographs
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2012.
- Appraisal Information
- Photograph (Photograph Archives). Contains one photograph of missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in England. The man who the photograph belonged to was from Nephi, Utah.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Grover (Roscoe E.) mission photograph
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth Ballif, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-10-07T15:28-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Roscoe E. Grover (1877-1912) was a farmer in Nephi, Utah. He served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Britain between 1901 and 1903.
Roscoe Everett Grover was born August 17, 1877, to Joel and Mary Grover in Nephi, Utah. On October 10, 1900, he married Amy Elizabeth Bigler, and they had five children. Grover was called to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to Britain around 1901 or 1902. He returned to the United States in 1903. Grover died September 2, 1912, in Provo, Utah, of appendicitis.
William H. Parkinson (born 1863) was a painter and photographer in England.
William Henry Parkinson was born on October 1, 1863 in Bradford, Yorkshire, England to William Robert and Elizabeth Richardson Parkinson. As early as 1881 he began working as a photographic artist, and later took up painting as well. In 1884 he married Annie Cowman. He flourished as a painter during the 1890s, while living in Bradford.
comments powered by Disqus