Gale Sears papers
Gale Sears papers
Collections contains, manuscripts, early-handwritten drafts, hand-written research, photocopies of book articles and photographs, and email transcripts, all relating to Gale Sears' novels, "The Silence of God," "Autumn Sky," "Until the Dawn," "Upon the Mountains," and "the Route." Earliest material dates circa 2000, while the latest dates to circa 2011.
- Extent: 7 boxes (3.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Sears, Gale
- Call Number: MSS 8003
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Literary Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English, with occasional phrases and translations into German, Norwegian, and Russian.
- Arranged into eight series: 1. Manuscripts for Silence of God, circa 2007. 2. Manuscripts for Upon the Mountains, circa 2005. 3. Manuscripts for Autumn Sky, circa 2000. 4. Manuscripts for Until the Dawn, circa 2003 6. Manuscripts for The Route. 6. Research for Silence of God, circa 2006. 7. Correspondence, 2007. 8. Research for Autumn Sky series, circa 2008.
- Conditions of Use
- Gale Sears retains copyright to the Gale Sears papers. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Gale Sears papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8003; Gale Sears papers; Mormon Literature Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations; MSS 8003, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Materials were donated by the creator, Gale Sears, in 2011.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Gale Sears; 2011.
- Subject Terms
- Sears, Gale--Archives; American literature--20th century--Mormon authors; American literature--Mormon authors; American prose literature--Women authors; Historical fiction; Mormon women; Women authors, American; Women authors, American--20th century
- Genre / Form
- Books; Historical fiction, American; Manuscripts
- Processing Information
- Processed; James Perkins; 2012.
- Appraisal Information
- Mormon Literature Manuscripts. Collection contains work of an LDS author.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Sears (Gale) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by James Perkins
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-04-13T04:29-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Gale Sears is an author of historical fiction who currently lives in Sandy, Utah.
Born in Lake Tahoe, California, and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii, Gale Sears recieved a BA in Playwriting from Brigham Young University, and an MA in Theater Arts from the University of Minnesota. Primarily a writer of historical fiction, Gale Sears’ work often features female protagonists who are converted to Mormonism and continue to affirm their faith despite trying circumstances, such as the Russian Revolution, World War I, or Influenza Pandemic. Gale Sears is the winner of several Whitney Awards for excellence in Mormon Literature. She currently lives in Sandy, Utah with her husband, George, and her children, Shawn and Chandler.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 8003
Gale Sears manuscripts for Silence of God
Dates: circa 2006
Gale Sears manuscripts for Upon the Mountains
Dates: circa 2005----2007
Gale Sears manuscripts for Autumn Sky
Gale Sears manuscripts for Until the Dawn
Dates: circa 2005
Gale Sears manuscripts for The Route
Gale Sears research for Silence of God
Dates: circa 2007
Gale Sears correspondence
Gale Sears research for Autumn Sky series
Dates: circa 2000
Help with this Collection
Curator - Literary Manuscripts