Josi Kilpack papers
Josi Kilpack papers
Collection contains handwritten mind-maps and planning exercises for Josi Kilpack's novels, Banana Split, Tres Leches Cupcake, and others; also includes newspaper and magazine clippings about Kilpack's books and cooking projects; also has postcards, and a flyer on Josi Kilpack's mystery novels; and contains the first chapter of typed manuscripts, with comments, of Lemon tart, English trifle, Devil's food cake, Key Lime Pie, Blackberry crumble, Pumpkin roll, and Banana Split, as well as Kilpack's business card.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Kilpack, Josi S.
- Call Number: MSS 8004
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Literary Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Collection is arranged in seven series: 1. Josi Kilpack novel planning, 2008-2012. 2. Josi Kilpack news clippings, 2010-2012. 3. Josi Kilpack promotional materials,2009-2010. 4. Josi Kilpack manuscripts, 2009-2012. 5. Josi Kilpack notecards, 2012-2013. 6. Josi Kilpack notes for Newport Ladies Book Club books, 2010-2013. 7. Josi Kilpack publicity materials, 2012-2013.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Josi Kilpack papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators. Josi Kilpack retains copyright for the Josi Kilpack papers.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8004; Josi Kilpack papers; Mormon Literature Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8004, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Materials were donated by creator, Josi Kilpack, in 2012.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Josi Kilpack; 2012.
- Subject Terms
- Kilpack, Josi S.--Archives; American literature--20th century--Mormon authors; American literature--Mormon authors; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Detective and mystery stories, American; Literature; Literature--Mormon authors
- Genre / Form
- American prose literature--Mormon authors
- Processing Information
- Processed; Kristi Young; 2012.
- Appraisal Information
- Mormon Literature Manuscripts. Collection covers the work of an LDS author.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Kilpack (Josi) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Lora Patterson
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-10-07T15:28-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Josi Kilpack (1975-) is an Mormon author who specializes in mysteries.
Kilpack was born in Salt Lake City and graduated from Olympus High school in 1993. Shortly thereafter, she married Lee Kilpack and took guardianship over his niece. The couple ran a 24-hour elderly care service in their home to support her husband’s education. After her third pregnancy, Kilpack turned to writing, inspired by reading “every LDS fiction title [she] could get her hands on.” Her first novel, Earning Eternity, was published in 1999.
Kilpack has since produced a wide variety of novels, earning the Whitney award for Best Mystery for Sheep’s Clothing in 2007. Kilpack’s recent Sadie Hoffmiller Culinary Mystery series combined her passion for baking with writing, and garnered a Whitney Award nomination in 2009. Kilpack currently lives and works in Utah with her four children and husband.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series/box in MSS 8004
Series 1 box 1 folder 1
Josi Kilpack novel planning
Series 2 box 1 folder 2
Josi Kilpack news clippings
Series 3 box 1 folder 3
Josi Kilpack promotional materials
Series 4 box 1 folder 4
Josi Kilpack manuscripts
Josi Kilpack notecards
Josi Kilpack notes for Newport Ladies Book Club books
Josi Kilpack publicity materials
Help with this Collection
Curator - Literary Manuscripts