Gregg R. Luke papers
Gregg R. Luke papers
Contains transcript of an autobiographical sketch, and several typed pages of Luke's work with editorial annotations. Materials date from between 2007 and 2010.
- Extent: 2 folders (0.02 linear ft.)
- Creator: Luke, Gregg R.
- Call Number: MSS 8006
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Literary Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material frrom the Gregg R. Luke papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Languages and Scripts
- Maintained in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- Open for public research.
- Located in Box 595.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8006; Gregg R. Luke papers; Mormon Literature Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8006, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by creator, Gregg Luke, in 2012.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Gregg Luke; 2012.
- Subject Terms
- Luke, Gregg R.; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Literature; Literature--Mormon authors
- Genre / Form
- Autobiographies; Manuscripts (for publication)
- Processing Information
- Processed; Kristi Young; 2013.
- Appraisal Information
- Mormon Literature Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Luke (Gregg R.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Kristi Young
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-12-01T04:29-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Gregg R. Luke (born 1959) is a Mormon pharmacist and author in Utah.
Gregg R. Luke was born in 1959 in Bakerfield, California. After attending several schools in the area, he served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Wisconsin, after which he spent several months at Brigham Young University (BYU) on a cinematography scholarship. He returned to California and worked for two years at a research center in Santa Barbara before pursuing further education at Santa Barabara City College, the University of California, Santa Barabara, and BYU majoring in Biological Science before attending the University of Utah College of Pharmacy, graduating in 1990. He has been a practicing pharmacist ever since, and is as of 2012 the director of Pharmacy for the Cache Valley Community Health Center in Logan.
Luke has been an avid writer since childhood, and he enjoys the "science-based" thrillers of Robin Cook, Tom Clancy, and Michael Chrichton. He was a finalist of three Whitney Awards from 2008-2010.
comments powered by Disqus