Jill Mulvay Derr papers
Jill Mulvay Derr papers
Contains Derr's teaching files and course materials as well as correspondence, administrative records, and other materials related to Derr's work as managing director of the Joseph Fielding Smith Institute.
- Extent: 3 cartons (3 linear ft.)
- Creator: Derr, Jill Mulvay
- Call Number: MSS 8009
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials in English.
- Contains two series: 1. Jill Mulvay Derr course materials, 1978-2004. 2. Joseph Fielding Smith Institute records, 1977-2008. Original order was maintained.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Jill Mulvay Derr papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8009; Jill Mulvay Derr papers; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citation: MSS 8009, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Jill Mulvay Derr in January 2012.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Jill Mulvay Derr; January 2012.
- Related Material
- See also the Joseph Fielding Smith Institute for Latter-day Saint History records (UA 1214).
- Subject Terms
- Brigham Young University. Joseph Fielding Smith Institute for Church History--Administration; Derr, Jill Mulvay--Archives; Joseph Fielding Smith Institute for Latter-day Saint History--Administration; Colleges and Universities; Education; United States--History--Study and teaching
- Genre / Form
- Letters; Records
- Processing Information
- Processed; Dani Peterson; February 2012.
- Appraisal Information
- Part of University Archives; college records (University Archives collecting policy February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Derr (Jill Mulvay) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Dani Peterson
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-03-08T17:15-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Jill Mulvay Derr (born 1948) is a Mormon historian in Utah.
Jill Mulvay Derr was born in 1948 and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah. Derr is married to C. Brooklyn Derr, and they are the parents of four children. She earned a bachelors degree from the University of Utah and an MA in teaching from Harvard University. Derr was as an American history professor at Brigham Young University, the director of the Joseph Fielding Smith Institute for Latter-day Saint History, and the president of the Mormon History Association. She has written several articles that have been published in various journals and anthologies. In addition, Derr has published several works including Women's Voices: An Untold History of the Latter-day Saints, Women of the Covenant: The Story of Relief Society, and Eliza R. Snow: The Complete Poetry. She has also served in various capacities within the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 8009
Jill Mulvay Derr course materials
Joseph Fielding Smith Institute for Latter-day Saint History records
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives