Mark Cotta Vaz papers
Mark Cotta Vaz papers
Dates: Approximately 2003-2010
Collection contains research, notes, and drafts of Mark Cotta Vaz's biography of Merian C. Cooper, "Living Dangerously". There are also proof copies of the book, two paperback editions of "King Kong," and an audiobook of "Living Dangerously". Items were collected and/or created from approximately 2003-2010.
- Extent: 6 cartons (6 linear ft.)
- Creator: Vaz, Mark Cotta
- Call Number: MSS 8036
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Arts & Communications Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Access Restricted; permission to access materials must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Mark Cotta Vaz papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8036; Mark Cotta Vaz papers; Arts & Communications Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8036, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Materials gathered and created by Mark Cotta Vaz during the writing and publishing of his book "Living Dangerously". Vaz donated the materials to Brigham Young University in 2012.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Mark Cotta Vaz; 2012. Donated; Mark Cotta Vaz; 2017.
- Subject Terms
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Performing Arts; Literature; United States--Social Life and Customs; Media and Communication; Motion picture industry; Cooper, Merian C.; Schoedsack, Ernest B., 1893-1979; Argosy Pictures Corporation
- Genre / Form
- Research (Document genres); Audiobooks; Drafts (Documents)
- Vaz, Mark Cotta. Living dangerously; King Kong (Motion picture : 1933)
- Motion picture producers
- Processing Information
- Processed; John N. Gillespie; 2013. Processed; Mary-Celeste Ricks; 2017.
- Appraisal Information
- Arts and Communications.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Vaz (Mark Cotta) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- John N. Gillespie
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2017-08-31 09:05:54 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mark Cotta Vaz (1954-) is a film historian and author. Among his many books is "Living Dangerously," a biography of film producer Merian C. Cooper.
Mark Cotta Vaz (born September 16, 1954, in San Francisco, California) is an American author, editor and film historian. He has authored over thirty books, focusing on documenting film special effects and other behind-the-scenes aspects of visual presentation in motion pictures. He has written about these aspects for both Star Wars and Star Trek. He has also written many movie companion books, such as those for The Spirit, Beautiful Creatures and four for the Twilight series. His book "Living Dangerously" on Merian C. Cooper is highly acclaimed, and the drafts and research materials associated with this book are among BYU's special collections.
comments powered by Disqus