Tess Hilmo papers
Tess Hilmo papers
Dates: approximately 2003-2012
Materials include publicity materials, published articles, correspondence letters, and notes on her novel. It also contains twelve drafts of Tess Hilmo's book, With a Name Like Love. Dated approximately 2003-2012.
- Extent: 3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Tess Hilmo, 1968
- Call Number: MSS 8046
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; William A. Wilson Folklore Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are arranged into 5 series: 1. Tess Hilmo published articles, 2011. 2. Tess Hilmo published articles, 2003-2006. 3. Tess Hilmo correspondence, 2009-2012. 4. Tess Hilmo notes for With a Name Like Love, approximately 2009. 5. Tess Hilmo drafts for With a Name Like Love, 2008-2011.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Tess Hilmo papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators. Tess Hilmo retains copyright for the Tess Hilmo papers.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8046; Tess Hilmo papers; Mormon Literature Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8046; LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Materials were donated by creator, Tess Hilmo, in 2012.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Tess Hilmo; 2012.
- Subject Terms
- Tess Hilmo, 1968---Archives; American literature--Mormon authors; Authors, American--Utah--Correspondence
- Genre / Form
- Books; Manuscripts
- Processing Information
- Processed; Kristi Young; 2012.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS cultural, social, and religious history. Collection covers the work of an LDS author.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hilmo (Tess) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Lora Patterson
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-08-05T10:43-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Tess Hilmo (1968- ) is a Latter-day Saint author in Utah.
Tess Hilmo was born in 1968 and she grew up in the suburbs of Southern California. She is now married and living in Utah with her husband and their three children.
Tess attended Brigham Young University where she studied Communications and married her college sweetheart. After college she got a job working for a local television station’s marketing department. During this job her husband got accepted to medical school in California.
In California, Tess worked for an insurance company and during this time she was put on bed-rest with her second child. While on bed-rest, she got tired of watching television and started reading and writing again. She even wrote a song called Lead Me On and her mother encouraged her to write a story that would go with that song. Her first novel is With a Name Like Love featuring her original song Lead Me On.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 8046
Tess Hilmo publicity materials
Tess Hilmo published articles
Tess Hilmo correspondence
Tess Hilmo notes for With a Name Like Love
Dates: approximately 2009
Tess Hilmo drafts for With a Name Like Love
Help with this Collection
Curator - William A. Wilson Folklore Archives