Everyone has a library story
Everyone has a library story
Contains a story by Deanna Earl Ehman about her parents meeting, courtship, and marriage, and the role of the Brigham Young University Library in their story. Also includes photographs and email correspondence regarding the library story.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Ehman, Deanna Earl, 1941
- Call Number: MSS 8063
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Collection was left in its original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Everyone Has a Library Story must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8063; Everyone Has a Library Story; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8063, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Deanna Ehman and transferred from Julene Butler in 2012.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Deanna Ehman; 2012. Transferred; Julene Butler; 2012.
- Related Material
- See also Anna Ollerton biography (MSS SC 1718).
- Subject Terms
- Earl, Leland J. (Leland Joseph), 1916-1990; Earl, Mae W. (Mae Williams), 1919-2005; Ollerton, Anna, 1883-1956; Colleges and Universities; Education
- Genre / Form
- Family histories
- Processing Information
- Processed; Stephanie Laabs; June 2012.
- Appraisal Information
- University records (University Archives Collecting Policy February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Everyone has a library story
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Stephanie Laabs
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-09-24T08:55-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Deanna Earl Ehman (born 1941) is a library advocate in Utah.
Deanna Earl was born in Provo, Utah in 1941. Her family moved to the Naval Base in San Diego, California but kept close ties with family in Provo, Utah (Williams Music Company) and South Weber, Utah (Earl family fairy farm). She attended school in Westchester, California where she was baptized as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
In 1950, Deanna went to San Gabriel High School in San Gabriel, California. She later attended Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, majoring in Psychology and English and minoring in "Cougarettes and Song Leading."
In 1964 she married Dean Mackintosh from Minidoka, Idaho and moved to North Wittier, California where Dean worked for Hunsman Container Corp. They had three children, Derik, Scot, and Kristen, before they later divorced.
Deanna then married Marty Ehman and had two children, Becky and Marty, Jr. Marty's employer, Campbell Soup Company, transferred him to the District Office in Salt Lake City, resulting in Deanna's return to Utah, where she lives to this day.
Deanna Ehman is a member of the board of the Friends of the Harold B. Lee Library.
comments powered by Disqus