A. R. Miskin papers
A. R. Miskin papers
Contains the personal correspondence of A.R. Miskin, material for the Miskin Scraper Works in Ucon, Idaho, and also contains the family history papers of the A.R. and Lovina Miskin family including family group records, pedigree, charts, photographs, and other material from the Belnap, Hammon, and Miskin families of Utah, Idaho, and Kansas. Dates range from 1850-1998.
- Extent: 8 cartons (8 linear ft.). -- 6 oversize folders (3.0 linear ft.). -- 5 oversize boxes (4.75 linear ft.)
- Creator: Miskin, A. R. (Arthur Richard), 1876-1960
- Call Number: MSS 8071
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged into three series: 1. A. R. Miskin personal correspondence, 1911-1955. 2. Miskin Scraper Works material, 1904-1965. 3. Miskin family history papers, 1850-1998.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the A. R. Miskin papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinatin Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8071; A. R. Miskin papers; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8071; LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Roger Hill in 2012.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Roger Hill; 2012.
- Subject Terms
- Agriculture; Agriculture and Natural Resources; Religion; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Mormon families--Idaho; Miskin, A. R. (Arthur Richard), 1876-1960; Miskin family; Miskin Scraper Works; Miskin, A. R. (Arthur Richard), 1876-1960--Archives
- Genre / Form
- Letters; Family histories; Photographs; Genealogies
- Processing Information
- Processed; Peter Hoyt, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2012.
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts. The A.R. Miskin family papers contain the records of a business man and inventor from Idaho.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Miskin (A. R.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Peter Hoyt, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2012.
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-02-09 11:42:06 -0700.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
A. R. Miskin (1876-1960) was a Mormon businessman in Idaho.
Arthur Richard Miskin was born on February 7, 1876 in Saint John, Kansas to James R. and Amelia Lavinia Moore Miskin. His family were members of the Bickertonites, and converted to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1889. They then moved to Utah, and then to Idaho in 1891 where they homesteaded and farmed. He married Luvina Vilate Belnap on on September 11, 1903 in Logan, Utah. They were the parents of fourteen children. He worked in the family store in Fairview and Shelton, Idaho before establishing a machine shop in Ucon. He invented the Miskin scraper, and developed a manufacturing plant for them in Ucon. Miskin passed away in Idaho Falls, Idaho on November 27, 1960.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 8071
A. R. Miskin personal correspondence
Miskin Scraper Works records
Miskin family history papers
Help with this Collection
Curator - 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts