Dan Wells literary manuscripts
Dan Wells literary manuscripts
Contains manuscripts of fantasy fiction novels written by Mormon and Utah native author and Brigham Young University graduate Dan Wells. They include titles such as: I Don't Want to Kill You, I Am Not a Serial Killer, Partials, Fragments, Ruins, Full of Holes, Mr. Monster, Ones and Zeroes, Bluescreen, Deeper Into Chaos, and Bubonicon 44. Each manuscript was typewritten with some having annotations. Materials dated 2000-2016.
- Extent: 9 boxes (4.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Wells, Dan, 1977
- Call Number: MSS 8073
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Literary Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Dan Wells literary manuscripts must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- 2 novels are undated: Full of Holes Box 8 Folder 1-2. Mr. Monster Box 8 Folder 3-4.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8073; Dan Wells papers; Mormon Literature Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8073, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Materials were donated by Dan Wells in 2012 and 2017.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Dan Wells; 2012, 2017.
- Subject Terms
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Literature; Fantasy fiction, American; American literature--Mormon authors; Wells, Dan, 1977-
- Genre / Form
- Books; Manuscripts
- Processing Information
- Processed; Lora Patterson; 2012. Processed; Aubrey Wride; 2014. Processed; Nate Burroughs; 2017
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Wells (Dan) literary manuscripts
- Finding Aid Author
- Lora Patterson
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2018-04-07 14:57:52 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Dan Wells (1977- ) is a Mormon author in Utah.
Dan Wells was born on March 4, 1977. He grew up in Utah as the son of two avid readers. His parents' love for books lead him to spend most of his days reading in libraries. This passion for reading followed him into college where he received a bachelor's degree from Brigham Young University in English with an emphasis in writing and editing.
He has worked as a marketing and advertising writer for local corporations and has volunteered on a small press in SF magazine working on The Leading Edge. He has written several books and short stories, his most famous being the John Cleaver series and the Partials series.
Dan Wells lives in Orem, Utah with his wife and four children.
comments powered by Disqus