John F. A. Seggar rugby papers
John F. A. Seggar rugby papers
Contains newspaper clippings, photographs, and other records regarding the rugby team at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah from 1968 to 2003. Materials document both rugby team events and gatherings covered by articles in such newspapers as The Herald and The Daily Universe as well as personal photograph collections. Collected by John Seggar, co-founder and coach. Also contains photocopies of the included newspaper clippings, photocopied by the Harold B. Lee Special Collections in August 2012.
- Extent: 2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Seggar, John F. A.
- Call Number: MSS 8076
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the John F. A. Seggar rugby papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8076; John F. A. Seggar rugby papers; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8076, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by John Seggar in July 2012.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; John Seggar; July 2012.
- Subject Terms
- Education; Colleges and Universities; Rugby football--Utah--Provo; Brigham Young University--Rugby football
- Genre / Form
- Photographs; Scrapbooks; Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Processing Information
- Processed; Stephanie Laabs; August 2012.
- Appraisal Information
- University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Seggar (John F. A.) rugby papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Stephanie Laabs
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2018-05-02 08:39:15 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
John F. A. Seggar (born 1937) is a retired sociology professor and rugby coach in Utah.
John F. A. Seggar attended Brigham Young University (BYU) as a student, where he helped found the school's rugby team in 1962. He pursued graduate studies at the University of Kentucky before returning to BYU as a member of the sociology faculty in 1967. He also became head coach of the men's rugby team in 1967, serving in that role until 1987. Between 2000 and 2004 he coached the women's rugby team.
Seggar retired from the university in 2002.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Box/folder in MSS 8076
box 1 folder 1
John F. A. Seggar rugby scrapbooks
box 1 folder 2-3
John F. A. Seggar rugby newspaper clippings
box 1 folder 4-5 box 2 folder 1
John F. A. Seggar rugby photographs
box 2 folder 2
John F. A. Seggar rugby team photographs and reports
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives