Allen Irvin Kidd mission papers
Allen Irvin Kidd mission papers
Collection contains papers and journals related to Kidd's time serving in Denmark. Includes copies of the Improvement Era from 1955-1956, concert programs and order of services in Danish, maps, and several books including on the Articles of Faith, books of scripture, and other pamphlets. Also includes some letters from people while he was on his mission, with pictures included.
- Extent: 1 oversize folder (0.75 linear ft.). -- 1 carton (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Kidd, Allen Irvin, 1930-2011
- Call Number: MSS 8085
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials in
- Files maintained in their original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Allen Irvin Kidd mission papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8085; Allen Irvin Kidd mission papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8085; LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Renee Kidd in 2012.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Renee Kidd; 2012.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--Denmark; Kidd, Allen Irvin, 1930-2011--Archives; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon missionaries--Denmark
- Genre / Form
- Books; Diaries; Letters; Maps
- Processing Information
- Processed; Kelsey Samuelsen, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2012.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.V, August 2007.) Kidd was an LDS man living in Utah, and these papers concern his mission.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Kidd (Allen Irvin) mission papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Kelsey Samuelsen, processor, and John M. Murphy, curator.
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T12:01-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Allen Irvin Kidd (1930-2011) was a photoengraver from Murray, Utah.
Kidd was born on May 10, 1930 to Samuel Henry and Adell M. Peterson Kidd. He was born in Spring City, Utah. He served a two year mission to Denmark, then came home and met Renee Edith Kramer on December 7, 1956. They were married May 24, 1957 in the Salt Lake City Temple. Kidd worked at Utah Engraving and the Newspaper Agency Corp, but he also served in the Utah National Guard for eight years and was a licensed pilot. Kidd and his wife had six children. He died from Parkinson's disease and diabetes on October 28, 2011. He is interred in Murray, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus