Ignacio Garcia oral history
Ignacio Garcia oral history
Contains the oral history of a Brigham Young University history professor who immigrated to the United States from Mexico with his family in 1956. Also contains his memories of the Vietnam War. The date is 2012.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.01 linear ft.)
- Creator: Garcia, Ignacio M.. -- Woodward, Claire, 1992
- Call Number: MSS 8123
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Left in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Ignacio Garcia oral history must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Claire Woodward interviewed Dr. Ignacio Garcia in 2012 in Utah.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8123; Ignacio Garcia oral history; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8123; LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Claire Woodward in 2012.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Claire Woodward; 2012.
- Subject Terms
- Overland Journeys to the Western United States; Vietnam War, 1961-1975; Mexico; Immigration and American Expansion; Garcia, Ignacio M.; Woodward, Claire, 1992-
- Genre / Form
- Oral histories
- Processing Information
- Processed; Peter Hoyt, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2012.
- Appraisal Information
- Ethnic and minority history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.IV, August 2007.)
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Garcia (Ignacio) oral history
- Finding Aid Author
- Peter Hoyt, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-09-03 16:46:14 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Claire Woodward (1992- ) is a former BYU student who interviewed Dr. Ignacio Garcia. Claire Woodward was born in 1992. She attended Brigham Young University and conducted an oral history interview of Dr. Ignacio Garcia about his immigration to the United States and his memories of the Vietnam War.
Ignacio Garcia (1950- ) is a history professor at Brigham Young University who immigrated to the United States from Mexico. Ignacio Garcia was born in 1950 in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico. He immigrated to the United State when he was six years old. He later served in the Vietnam War. He is currently a history professor at Brigham Young University specializing in Mexican-American history.
comments powered by Disqus