Gale and Maxine Bullock family papers
Gale and Maxine Bullock family papers
Contains photos and correspondence of Gale Bullock and his wife Maxine Bullock of Utah County, Utah during World War II. Also contains photos of Reba Cobbley Loveless and her family. Dates from 1926-2002.
- Extent: 1 box (.5 linear ft.). -- 1 oversize folder (.3 linear ft.)
- Creator: Bullock, Gale Virgil, 1920-2012. -- Bullock, Vera Maxine Loveless, 1920-2007
- Call Number: MSS 8135
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged into two series: 1. Gale and Maxine Bullock photos, 1926-2002. 2. Gale and Maxine Bullock correspondence, 1942-1946.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Gale and Maxine Bullock family papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8135; Gale and Maxine Bullock family papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8135; LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Dean Ryan Bullock, Jill Bullock Lighten, and Vickie Lee Bullock Palmer in 2013.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Dean Ryan Bullock, Jill Bullock Lighten, Vickie Lee Bullock Palmer; 2013
- Subject Terms
- Bullock, Dean Ryan, 1954-; Military; Politics, Government, and Law; World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Pacific Ocean
- Genre / Form
- Letters; Photographs
- Processing Information
- Processed; Peter Hoyt, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2012.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.VII, August 2007.) Contains the photos and correspondence of an LDS family in Utah including correspondence during World War II.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Bullock (Gale and Maxine) family papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by John M. Murphy, Curator, Peter Hoyt, student manuscript processor
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T12:01-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Vera Maxine Loveless Bullock (1920-2007) was a woman from Utah.
Vera Maxine Loveless was born August 23, 1920 in Orem, Utah to Ray Loveless and Reba Cobbley. She grew up in Orem and attended Brigham Young Academy and LDS Business College. She married Gale Virgil Bullock December 19, 1942 in Wilmington, North Carolina. She raised six children and was very involved with humanitarian efforts. She passed away on May 2, 2007 in Orem, Utah.
Gale Virgil Bullock (1920-2012) was a man from Idaho and Utah who served in World War II.
Gale Virgil Bullock was born February 21, 1920 in Burley, Idaho to Virgil William Bullock and Nellie Nancy Burr. Gale served in the U.S. Army for twenty years serving during World War II and the Korean War. He graduated from BYU in 1963 and became a teacher. He married Vera Maxine Loveless December 19, 1942 in Wilmington, North Carolina. They were the parents of six children. Gale passed away on January 13, 2012 in Orem, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 8135
Gale and Maxine Bullock photographs
Gale and Maxine Bullock correspondence
Help with this Collection
Curator - 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts