G. O. Mehl photograph
G. O. Mehl photograph
Dates: 1934 July 1
Photograph of a large group of people that was taken July 1, 1934 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. It is noted at the bottom of the photograph that it was taken at the Minneapolis District Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints because of the installation of President Wilford W. Richards.
- Extent: 1 photograph (0.1 linear ft.) : b&w ; 20 x 69 cm
- Creator: Mehl, G. O.
- Call Number: MSS 8153
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Photograph Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Technical Requirements
- Kept in cold storage; access requires 24 hours advance notice.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the G. O. Mehl photograph must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Servies and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS 8153; G. O. Mehl photograph; Photograph Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following Citations: MSS 8153, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Collection was found in the stacks in 2013.
- Acquisition Information
- Found; 2013.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Images; Minneapolis (Minn.)--Photographs; Mormonism; Mormons--Minnesota--Minneapolis--Photographs
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Anne Ashton, student photograph processor; 2013.
- Appraisal Information
- Photographs (Photograph Archives).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Mehl (G. O.) photograph
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Anne Ashton
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-03-06T09:16-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
George O. Mehl was born January 10, 1888 in Minnesota to Andrew and Sarah Mehl. He worked as photographer throughout his life, remaining primarily in Minnesota. He married Florence M. Anderson and they had one son, George Mehl, Jr. George O. Mehl, Sr. died in California in 1978.
comments powered by Disqus