Willam Gray collection
Willam Gray collection
Dates: approximately 1909-approximately 1998
Materials contain motion picture photographs, publicity materials, books and correspondence, all gathered by William Gray. Dated approximately 1909-approximately 1998.
- Extent: 2 oversize boxes (4 linear ft.). -- 2 cartons (2 linear ft.)
- Creator: Gray, William, 1926
- Call Number: MSS 8181
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Arts & Communications Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Closed. Permission for access must be granted by the Curator, Arts & Communications Archives.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the William Gray collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8181; William Gray collection; Arts & Communications Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8181, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Materials were gathered by William Gray, an amateur film historian, who donated them to Brigham Young University in 2012.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; William Gray; 2012.
- Subject Terms
- Media and Communication; Motion pictures--Photographs; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Advertisements--Motion pictures; Books; Letters; Photographs
- Processing Information
- Processed; John N. Gillespie; 2013.
- Appraisal Information
- Arts and Communications.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Gray (William) collection
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by John N. Gillespie
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T13:13-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
William Gray (b. 1926) is an amateur motion picture historian and collector.
William Gray was born in 1926. An Australian film historian, Gray collects trivia and little known information about famous films, actors, and screenwriters. Gray also finds and maintains motion picture memorabilia.
comments powered by Disqus