Janet Jenson biographies
Janet Jenson biographies
Contains two biographies, compiled by Jenson, about her parents, Ralph W. Jenson and Helen Harris Jenson. The volumes discuss their lives and heritage. Materials date from between 1984 and 2000.
- Extent: 2 folders (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Jenson, Janet
- Call Number: MSS 8184
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Maintained in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Janet Jenson biographies must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8184; Janet Jenson biographies; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8184; LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Janet Jenson in 2011.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Janet Jenson; 2011.
- Subject Terms
- Jensen family; Jenson, Helen Harris, 1915-2003; Jenson, Ralph W. (Ralph William), 1910-1988; Home and Family; Mormons--Biography; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Kelsey Samuelsen, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2013.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, August 2007). Contains two bioraphies on Mormon people who lived in Utah.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Jenson (Janet) biographies
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Kelsey Samuelsen, student manuscripts processor, and John M. Murphy, curator.
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-05-21T13:59-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Janet Jenson (born 1937) is Mormon librarian and cataloger in Utah.
Janet Jenson was born April 10, 1937 in Athens, Georgia to Ralph William and Helen Harris Jenson, the first of their four children. She attended Brigham Young University, receiving a bachelor's degree in English and a master's degree in history and religion. She then worked at at the Church Historian's Office, taking some time off to complete a Master's of Library Science at Columbia University. After leaving church employment, she served in the Peace Corps and as a librarian at the Harold B. Lee Library at Brigham Young University. She currently lives in Spanish Fork, Utah.
Helen Harris Jenson (1915-2003) was a Mormon woman.
Helen Harris Jenson was born on December 26, 1915 in Logan, Utah to Franklin Stewart and Frankie Estella Spilsbury Harris. She was raised in Logan and Provo, Utah. She married her husband, Ralph W. Jenson, on May 21, 1936 in the Salt Lake Temple, and together they had four children. They lived in Georgia, Utah, and California. She died on June 22, 2003 in Spanish Fork, Utah.
Ralph W. Jenson (1910-1988) was an American printer and photographer.
Ralph William Jenson was born on April 12, 1910 in Ogden, Utah to David Jenson and Emma Anderson Jenson, and raised in Utah. He studied architecture for a while in New York City and other places, before returning to Brigham Young University to pursue his education. On May 20, 1936 he married Helen Harris in the Salt Lake Temple, and they had four children. He then pursued a career as a printer, photographer, and other odd jobs in places including Georgia and California. He died May 9, 1988 in Walnut Creek, California.
comments powered by Disqus