Hull family reunion tapes
Hull family reunion tapes
Contains one videotape labelled "1971 - Hull family reunion, Taber, Alberta, Canada, 1971 end of June." It then details what is on each side of the tape, such as musical performances and readings. Dated 1971.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Scott, Hollis, 1919-2005
- Call Number: MSS 8206
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Collection materials are arranged in their original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Hull family reunion tapes must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Located in Box 595.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8206; Hull family reunion tapes; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8206; LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Found in the 20th Century Workroom in 2013.
- Acquisition Information
- Found; 20th Century Workroom; 2013.
- Subject Terms
- Scott family; Family reunions; Home and Family; Social Life and Customs; Taber (Alta.)--History
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Kelsey Samuelsen, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2013.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.VII, August 2007.) Contains a tape of a family reunion of a Mormon family.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hull family reunion tapes
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Kelsey Samuelsen, student manuscripts processor, and John M. Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-12-01T04:05-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Hollis Scott (1919-2005) was a journalist and University Archivist at Brigham Young University.
Scott was born in Burley, Cassia County, Idaho, to Leo Vernal Scott and Ivy Eliza Hull. He attended Brigham Young University for one year and then, during World War II, Scott enlisted in the United States Air Force. He was stationed at Fort Logan, Colorado, for three years where he served as Post Librarian before being transferred to Florida for another year. After his service in the military, he returned to BYU where he graduated with a bachelor's degree in journalism.
Hollis Scott met his wife, Cynthia Ruth Atkin, while working in Tooele, Utah at the Tooele Transcript Bulletin. They were married November 18, 1949, in the Salt Lake Temple. Later, Hollis worked at the Orem Geneva Times as advertising manager and editor, after which he was employed at Brigham Young University in the library, later holding the title of University Archivist. He worked as University Archivist from 1963-1985. He was a member of the Orem Boosters Club and served as its president for two years. Hollis also served on the Orem Heritage Museum board as historian for many years. He died in 2005.
comments powered by Disqus