Robert N. Gayer scrapbook
Robert N. Gayer scrapbook
Dates: bulk 1942-1945, 1941-1995
This collection includes a scrapbook from Indiana Bell Telephone Company to Robert N. Gayer called His Service Record, in wich there was room for Gayer to note information, add military orders, photographs, and room for phonographs. Also includes assorted maps, poetry, newspaper clippings, and a pin-up poster. Materials are dated 1941-1995.
- Extent: 2 folders (0.2 linear ft.)
- Creator: Gayer, Robert N., 1917-1988
- Call Number: MSS 8250
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Robert N. Grayer scrapbook must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8250; Robert N. Gayer scrapbook; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8250, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- This collection was donated by Don Norton on September 2, 2013.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Don Norton; 2013.
- Subject Terms
- Maps; Military; Politics, Government, and Law; Public Utilities; World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Pacific Area; World War, 1939-1945--Photography
- Genre / Form
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Posters; Scrapbooks
- Processing Information
- Processed; Margaret Weddle, student manuscript processor; and John M. Murphy, curator; 2014.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Grayer (Robert N.) scrapbook
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Margaret Weddle
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-31T11:44-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Robert N. Gayer (1917-1988) was a member of the Armed Forces during World War 2 and worked at the Indiana Bell Telephone Company.
Robert N. Gayer was born on July 13, 1917, to parents Omer G. and Gladys Harmon Gayer. He joined the military on September 30, 1941, and served through 1945. Robert worked with the Indiana Bell Telephone Company for many years, and was interested in World War II memorabilia. Robert Married Sarah L. (1922- ). Robert died on June 21, 1988.
comments powered by Disqus