Ed Rowe papers
Ed Rowe papers
Handwritten diaries, photograph albums, newspaper articles, mementos, programs, essays, and a doctoral dissertation. The diaries were kept by Rowe when he served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Wales from 1903 to 1906. Many of the materials relate to the Cambrain Association of Utah and performances of William Shakespeare's plays. Also included is a draft in three volumes of Rowe's doctoral dissertation from the University College of Cardiff, Wales, entitled: "Some Aspects of Wordsworth's Style in Verse and Prose."
- Extent: 2 folders (0.2 linear ft.). -- 3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Rowe, Ed M. (Edward Morris), 1874-1951
- Call Number: MSS 831
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Ed Rowe papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 831; Ed Rowe papers; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 831, LTPSC.
- Related Material
- Two photographs were located in the journal in box 1/folder 2. Also two photo albums were located in box 1/folder 4. The photos are all from Rowe's mission to Wales and Ireland. Box 2/folder 2 contained another photo album with more pictures from Wales and Ireland. The photographs have been moved to the cold vault for preservation purposes.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--Wales--History; Rowe, Ed M. (Edward Morris), 1874-1951--Diaries; Wordsworth, William, 1770-1850--Study and teaching; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Welsh Americans--Utah--Provo--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Articles; Diaries; Dissertations, Academic; Electronic books; Photographs
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Rowe (Ed) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Andrea Wyss
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-09T04:18-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Professor of English at Brigham Young University.
comments powered by Disqus