Norma Vance research papers
Norma Vance research papers
Dates: approximately 1960-2008
Contains research materials collected by Vance pertaining to the history of the Fairview, Utah area since its founding in 1849, Vance family history, history of Spring City, Utah, documents regarding Fairview's mayors since 1872, and personal histories of Fairview's founding fathers. Materials dated approximately 1960-2008.
- Extent: 3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Vance, Norma, 1930
- Call Number: MSS 8322
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in three series: 1. Norma Vance research on Fairview history, 1997-2008. 2. Norma Vance research on Utah cities histories, approximately 1972-2001. 3. Vance family history papers, approximately 1960-2008.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Norma Vance research papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 8322; Norma Vance research papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 8322, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Norma J. Vance in November 2013. Additional materials donated in July 2015.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Norma J. Vance; November 2013. Donated; Norma J. Vance; July 2015.
- Subject Terms
- Politics, Government, and Law; Social History; Spring City (Utah)--History; Mayors--Utah--Fairview--History; Mormon pioneers--Utah--Fairview--History; Fairview (Utah)--History; Vance, Norma, 1930-
- Genre / Form
- Family histories; Local histories
- Processing Information
- Processed; Margaret Weddle, student manuscript processor; 2013. Processed; Clarissa McIntire, student manuscript processor; 2016.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Vance (Norma) research papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Margaret Weddle, student manuscript processor, and John M Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-04-01 09:37:42 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Norma Vance (1930-) is an author and historian in Utah.
Norma Lois Pritchett was born on March 11, 1930 in Mt Pleasant, Utah to John C. and Edith A. Pritchett. She was adopted by James Lewis and Mary Jensen in 1934, and took their name. She then married Herald A Vance on September 15, 1948 in Fairview, Utah, and together had five children. They have lived in Provo, Orem, Fairview, Salem, and Payson, Utah, over the course of their lives together.
Vance worked as a decorator consultant at Sears in Provo, and became an Honorary Trustee and Board member at the Fairview Museum of History and Art. Her husband had a high interest in photography, and she in biographies, so they worked together, along with a committee, to write, compile, and publish a family history, Spring City, Utah history, and Fairview, Utah history.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 8322
Norma Vance research on Fairview history
Norma Vance research on Utah cities histories
Vance family history papers
Dates: approximately 1960-1968
Help with this Collection
Curator - 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts